7.08.2009

love, pizza, and fourth of july.

My entire dad's side of the family met at my grandparents house this fourth of July.
My dad is the oldest of 8 children. He has 7 younger sisters.
Each of these sisters has a million plus children.

Why yes, it was a party.

We kicked off the weekend with a mini carnival in the backyard.
There was a jump house, bungee run, and cup cake walk.

And even a little face painting.
Photobucket


After the carnival my aunts swarmed the kitchen for this year's foodie throw down, a very legitimate pizza making contest.
Photobucket
We even invited neighbors to unbiasly judge.

Because I seem to be the resident photographer in the family I sat everyone down, all 289897 kids included, and set my camera on a tripod, ran into the frame, crossed my fingers for a good turn out and took a giant family photo. Whudya think?

Photobucket


As the sun finally set, we gathered on the front porch and blasted Michael Jackson.

Photobucket
This was a dance contest.

Photobucket

My dad doesn't mind looking ridiculous. Ever.

Photobucket
We played with sparklers until our heart's were content.

Photobucket

There was even time to write a secret message for my love. 1437? I love you forever.

A good 4th of July?
Nah. A fabulous 4th of July.


all these photos were posted in the name of love for cjane's photo contest. here.