8.17.2009

moms make good best friends.



you think we look like twins, right?
it's ok, everybody does.
sometimes when i fall asleep on my grandparent's couch my aunts think it's my mom. you know when she was seventeen.
because she was seventeen.
when she met my dad.

oh and you like her short hair cut too, right?
people tell her she is bold and that the cut fits her.
funny story, she didn't get her hair cut.
it fell out.
when she had chemotherapy.
because she had breast cancer.

did i scare you a little bit?
people always are afraid when i bring it up.
i'm ok about talking about it.
cause she's my mom.
and my best friend.
and she's all good now.

she's here in provo to help me move in and celebrate turning 18!
i've told the boy a few hundred times. so he knows that i'm excited.
i also keep secretly hoping he'll surprise me and come up to utah to celebrate my birthday but heavens knows how i dream.

where am i going with this post again?
oh yeah, my mom.

i hope my daughters will want to watch movies with me and stay up with me and share silly tidbits of their life with me.
i hope i'm my mom to them.