8.04.2009

love sick


sometimes, i'm surprised at myself.
i have to rewind and look back on things.
i never even had a boyfriend in high school.
i have one week before i graduate.
and then i meet him.
he's cute, funny, clever, and romantic.
he writes me letters and folds them into paper hearts.
it takes me only a few days to be swept off my feet.
"you've fallen hard for this boy"
that's what my friends say.
i am leaving. i can't like him. it won't last.

but i can't help it. he does everything right.
i'm going to college. that's where you are supposed meet prince charming. i can't be in this relationship. it just won't work.

but then. everyday my heart longs for him.
we joke. we tease about marriage. just maybe.

but he is everything i've ever dreamed up. everything i've ever wanted.


"can i love you forever?" he asks.
please do.


he makes me whole.
he's my best friend.
all i know is i've never felt so happy in all my life.

love is the best high in the world.