8.08.2009

i'm not sure where i stand.


* photo by me. december 2005

i need freshman friends.
people are always asking, "so what ya studying?"
beats the heck outta me
i should know, right? everyone here has their act together.
and i thought i did know.
ask me a few months ago and i wouldn't have thought twice about the answer.
photography!
but recently. i'm not feeling it.
which is funny.
err. i mean ironic?
see, i got this design assistant job and all i do is take pictures all day.
well, not anything super glamorous, but a camera is in my hands. all day.
half of me, oh man i hate to admit this, feels like i'm better than the "photography program"
and with enough practice, i'd probably be able to figure it out on my own. and get a degree in something else. like creative advertising or graphic design.

but then, my other half, and oh man i hate admitting this too, thinks what if, what if i'm not good at anything else??
sometimes i feel like other people feel this way too.
"if not photography then whaaaat?"
and almost, in my heart, i feel like 'photography' is a cop out major.
well, i know it's not. it's not as easy as people think.
but you know, these days, everyone is a 'photographer'.

oh bleh. i write posts to recieve insight. so that by the last sentence i've figured it out.

but i'm more confused than ever.
and i haven't talked to the boy all day.
my fault. i'm lame today.

school can't start soon enough.