8.11.2009

"you've got my sunglasses!"

*photo by me. july 2008.

i am notoriously bad at owning sunglasses.
i also always happen to pick out the cutest [cheap] pairs which thus leads to my absolute heart break when i accidentally, and ultimately always, step on them.
i bought two pairs the other day.
one a retro, funky peachy-pink pair.
the other, because i couldn't pass up their 2.99 price tag, with a cut-out heart in between the frames.
anyways, the boy said to me, "make 'em last 2 months"
it was a challenge. one i most earnestly took to heart.
most sunglasses i own, or at least attempt to own, last tops, 2 weeks.
did i mention i am horrible at keeping track of my shades?
but my friends, it's this goal to impress my boy that has kept them alive these 1.2 weeks since their original purchase.
and that is the thing.

he makes me want to be better.
constant room for improvement when i think of him.
not like i'm not good enough.
but i want to be the best i can be.
each morning there is incentive to be healthy, to read my scriptures, and to be loving.

so come two months from now, i'll be sporting this same pair of sunglasses, maybe a few pounds lighter, and all around more happy.

and you know what?
i like new [more goal oriented] me better anyways.