11.02.2010

i love my life.

i can't find my journal.
i really miss it.

and i need a new one.
but until then, this public blog will suffice.

i'm grateful for a lot of things in my life but recently these are the best things that keep me smiling before i fall asleep each night:

uno. the hansen brothers. these boys are my best friends. and i love them dearly. they sincerely, hold a special place in my heart. i wish for nothing but pure bliss and happiness for them, for all the rest of their lives. because they deserve it. oh how they deserve to be happy.
when we chose to live in alpine court, all four of us walked in and knew it was the right place for us, and as our friendship with these boys continues, i know with surety that where i am right now in my life, is exactly where i am supposed to be.

dos. art education! i switched my major. and it's been one of the best things i could decide to do. granted, i haven't started the classes yet, but it feels good in my soul. i met with the department chair today to look at my portfolio and he had great things to say. i never saw myself as a teacher, but the more i think about it, the more it fills me with joy. joy to the roots of my hair.

tres. español. oh me encanta español. i eat, breathe, live spanish. but i really am picking it up and understanding. it's a part of me now. soy emily y hablo español!

cuatro. becky jones. i have the best roommate anyone could ask for. she keeps me grounded and sane. and we laugh until it's far too late in the night. everynight is a sleep over. and it is so fun. i love this girl for all the goodness she brings in my life. i count my blessings to have met her.

cinco. ingrid michaelson, sufjan stevens, brian doyle, isaac russell, and the lower lights. i feel so cultured this last month. i can't believe i got to see all these people in the last 30 days. has it really been thirty days?? wow, life has been amazing lately.

i must must must sleep now.

love always,
charlie